- Address:2512 Chambers Rd Suite 102, Tustin, CA 92780
|Mon - Fri:||9:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday:||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday:||11:00 am - 5:00 pm|
What are lash extensions?
Eyelash Extension is a procedure that enhances the length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. Extensions can be made from synthetic silk or synthetic mink.
Classic Eyelash Extension is the method of applying extensions individually, one-by-one to a single natural lash.
Volume Eyelash Extension is the method of applying several freshly made fanned out extension lashes onto a single natural lash.
At Sassy Lash, regardless of which method our clients chose, we only apply extensions to one isolated natural lash at a time. With individual lash extensions, your natural lashes will not be harmed.
We only use the highest quality lashes and lash adhesives which provide the best retention for the beautiful curl and longevity of the lashes.
We never use strips or clusters which together with the eyelash extension glues will clump the lashes together and damage the natural lashes.
REASON WHY LASHES ARE DAMAGED:
Because all lashes are growing at different rate. When some lashes are glued or stuck together, the faster growing new lashes will pull out the more mature lashes. This will result in loss of lashes and can actually damage your lash growth cycle.
CAUTION:Please beware of cheap, discounted lash extension deals. You may be paying for "cluster" lashes or pre-made "fan" lashes. Since these lashes have a big knot at the end of the cluster, they tend to pick up a large amount of glue and will cause your natural lashes to stick together. If your lashes are done correctly, you should be able to comb through your lash extensions with a mascara brush without any stickiness. Examples of Cluster and strip lashes
HOW DO YOUR LASHES GET DAMAGED?
- • When an untrained lash technician uses a semi-permanent eyelash extension adhesive to apply flares, clusters or strip lashes instead of using a temporary lash adhesive for short term wear.
- • Some lash technicians use these knotted cluster lashes for the following reasons:
- 1) To save time from separating each individual lash and to make the lashes seem as thick as the clients want without evaluating the health conditions of the client lashes.
- 2) To charge less so they can compete with the other lash places that charge more and but apply lashes correctly.
*** PLEASE NOTE: If done correctly, extension lashes should feel light and comfortable like wearing your own lashes. There should be no pricking, tugging and should not feel heavy like wearing fake strip or cluster lashes do. Extension lashes should be attached .05 mm to 1mm away from the skin and should NEVER to touch the skin as shown below.
These bundles of lashes are too heavy for natural lashes to support. They can break and inhibit the future regrowth of client’s natural lashes. Volume lashes should not look like clumped lashes and cluster lashes shown above. Volume lashes are made from super light and thin lashes which are fanned out to perfection using a minimal amount of glue. It is the application technique not the glue that makes the lashes last a long time.
● Glue and lashes should never touch the client’s skin as shown on the right eye
● Lots of the roots of the natural lashes are already pulled out but the clumped lashes are still hanging onto one or two natural lashes. Once these clumps fall off, client usually will see a big gap of missing natural lashes as shown on the left eye.
● As you can see clearly, the untrained technicians did not take time to separate each lash.
● Due to the fact that each of our natural lashes grow at different rates, if the bundles of lashes are adhered to multiple natural lashes, this will cause the faster growing baby lashes to prematurely pull out the slower growing older lashes from the root.
● Improper lash size selection such as ones that are too long or too heavy for the natural lashes will also cause lashes to shed prematurely and cause a condition known as Traction Alopecia.
PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE PICTURES OF BADLY DAMAGED LASHES FROM ACTUAL CLIENTS THAT ARE FROM OTHER UNTRAINED LASH PLACES FOR YOUR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.